SPEAK AT #TNW2020
At TNW, we inform, inspire, and connect people who love tech. If you’re a thought leader, share our goal and you’d like to speak at TNW2020, we want to hear from you.
DARING | BOLD | FUTURE - PROOF
WHAT IS A TNW TALK
A TNW talk isn’t just a story or a list of facts.
It involves insightful observations and an exciting conclusion about the future of technology. This could be: a compelling story, a conceptual “how to”, a presentation on a pressing industry issue or an interactive educational discussion in a small setting.
TNW Conference is known for being daring, bold, and supportive of new and disruptive minds.
What you need to know
We setup this process to structure our workflow and to get a good overview of sessions proposed in order to make an educated decision. Email is just not efficient and actually undoable. We look at each and every submission and review on a rolling basis.
Alright, let’s get down to the details.
1. Who should apply?
- Executives and operational thought leaders from tech giants
- C-level executives from the most innovative corporates and most successful scaleups
- Top tech investors, designers, product leads and creatives.
- Leading authors in tech and business
2. What’s the story you want to tell?
We’re mainly interested in an engaging story. When writing your application, think about why your story matters, the value it provides the audience, and how your story will be remembered. Consider your end goal – is it to inspire, motivate, or raise awareness?
(If your goal is to promote a product or deliver a sales pitch, we’re not interested).
Make sure that your content fits into one of our tracks (tracks will be updated to TNW2020 soon).
Overall, your session should be inspirational, actionable, and/or educational.
3. What format fits this story best?
A presentation that establishes a strong main idea related to a track. The main idea should inspire, motivate, educate, and engage audiences with a clear conclusion.
An informal conversation or interview between two people that reveals new stories from speakers.
A live discussion about a specific topic or trend amongst a selected group of panelists (max 3), hosted by a professional moderator.
Deep conversations on specific topics in small and interactive groups. Roundtable session delegates need to book their seats pre-event. Note: This format is highly popular amongst the TNW audience and is fully booked within a few days after registration opens.
4. Title and abstract
Pay close attention to your title.
First impressions matter and you want to ensure that it stands out from the crowd. It should be short, catchy and present a (single) clear idea or message.
Your abstract should be no longer than 80 – 100 words, and please include the three key takeaways for the audience (hint: why should they come to your talk over someone else's?).
5. When can I submit?
Right now! Go for it. We’ll close submissions in 2020, and we’ll be reviewing on a rolling basis. Just make sure to read the fine print before submitting:
The Fine Print
- All speakers receive a complimentary speaker pass and a +1 ticket to the event
- There is no charge to speak
- When selected, the costs covering the logistics (travel, accommodation, etc.) are covered by the speakers themselves
- Content has to be original, new, or adjusted for this event.
- Each session can have a maximum of one person per organization (we like collaborations and different views)
- Successful proposals are chosen based on the proposed idea and speakers suggested. Changes in subject or speakers have to go through the content team and may lead to session deletion.
- Spaces are limited and some proposals may be offered a slot in a different format or stage than originally applied for.
- Once offers are accepted, speakers and session content confirmed, we will announce the speakers on the website.
OK, I’m ready!
Cool, we can’t wait to read your application.
Some of our previous speakers
We'll send you updates about TNW2020.
You should receive an email with the partnership overview for TNW 2020 within 10 minutes in your inbox. If not, check your spam folder or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
You should receive an email about hosting your own event during TNW2020 within 10 minutes by email. If not, check your spam folder or contact us via email@example.com
We'll send you updates about TNW Conference 2020 and let you know as soon as tickets go on sale.